Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > neXt Flight Sim

neXt Flight Sim neXt Flight Sim for Mac, Windows, Linux

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2021, 10:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Micro PC For Next Simulator?

Has anyone found a micro PC on the market that can handle the Next simulator? Looking for something that doesn't take up as much room so I can keep it in my AV cabinet. Thanks.
Timbers is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2021, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since the neXt simulator will run on linux you can likely run it on a raspberry pi. There are now versions with 4 and 8 gb of ram. Not absolutely sure about this but worth a try. A raspberry pi and a monitor would be relatively small and inexpensive.

Disclaimer: I don't own the neXt simulator to attempt this. Has anyone else tried this?
Old 08-30-2021, 06:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do not think it runs on ARM, only x86

Sent from my POCO M3 using Tapatalk
ducal is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2021, 02:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had some success with AccuRc V2 stable version on a newer Acer quad-core Laptop with low spec Intel i5-10210U recently.

It has a Nvidia Mx230 card built into with 2gb Ram.

No, I didn't need to set everything to low resolution but my personal impression was I want more (1660ti, higher Cpu spec and boost).

I heard V3 alpha uses an updated gfx engine which better supports low/med computers with higher physicFps.
Want to try this again.

No idea how you want to accomplish this on micro PC when there is no dedicated graphic card.
Wouldn't want to miss one.

Also had it connected to a 43" Tv with Hdmi but 4K doesn't work, only full hd 1080p at 60hz (Tv did some upscaling).

No idea how to exactly map this experience to Next Sim, sorry.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2021, 03:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My other stone old Amd AthlonXP single core Cpu has at least a dedicated Nvidia 6200gpu with 1gb ram....LOL.

But RF V6.5-9.5 is still based on DirectX 9.0c and not that resource hungry, just like Reflex Xtr V5.03.

Be careful that a Cpu has a fast enough iGpu on board if you can't put a gamer Gfx card into a small box.

There are quite some differences with Cpu series and version numbers how capable they actually are.
Make sure to check the specs.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Old 09-02-2021, 10:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Thanks

Yah I saw a couple "gamer" style micro PCs but they are really expensive. I think I'm stuck with using a regular desktop style machine.
Timbers is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2021, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that you say it I remember having done some search for "Intel (Xtreme) NUCs".

Personally I would just go for a 15.6" Laptop with a 1660ti or newer Nvidia Rtx 3060/3070 card.

Unfortunately, pluggable Gpu modules or easy Laptop upgrades are not the standard.
You'll have to make all those decisions and fix a concrete mainboard/product model.

Would have loved to upgrade later...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in