Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2020, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thoughts on buying Blade 230s v2?

Hey all, I have been out of flying Heli’s for the past 10 years and thinking of picking one up again. I don’t want anything to big so I can practice hovering and orientation over winter in my unfinished basement. During the summer having a smaller bird that can handle a little breeze in the backyard would be nice. I have my eye on the blade 230s v2 however have heard that blade is getting out of the Heli business and the 230 is disk continued. What’s up with that? Should I be concerned about parts availability long term? I know I will be crashing. Any thoughts from anyone? Thanks!!
Jeremy1234 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2021, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi there,

Been looking at this myself and reviewing YouTube plus storms help in here.

The new one is out next month and me also am wondering if I should wait and use the sim to get some practice in first.

230 is apparently a good one to learn on with the option of going full 3D eventually.

I have a 5 year old 200 srx and parts are still about so I’m sure the 230 discontinued will be ok.

I’m very impatient in stuff and feel waiting would be best and you’d enjoy it. I’ll be putting it on beginner with some trainer balls.

Like you I will be crashing too lol
Old 01-03-2021, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...c/BLH1250.html

Can’t see anything on the UK website yet hoping that will change not that that helps you lol
Old 01-04-2021, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Blade 230S is a great heli for learning and just flying around, i have to of the version 1's, its the only heli I own that I do not have a box full of spares, just different color blades, parts are easy to get so I order as
I need.

Edited due to poor typing

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2021, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I couldn't get on with the 230s as I kept breaking frames and it's a pita to replace.
I bought the 250cfx which is almost the same but with a carbon fibre frame which I've never broken. The 230s also allows the tail to hit the main gear in a crash, chopping the wires. The 250cfx doesn't have this issue.

The 250cfx is discontinued but is made up of 230s and 300x parts so will be around for a long time.

Whichever you get, buy alloy main grips. No other upgrades are required. Fix the landing skids on with cable zip ties and they never break in a crash.

A crash for me is a new main gear and bend the tail straight.
xJoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2021, 04:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have you looked into the OMP M2 Explore? I picked one up and spares and replacement parts are on the cheap. also direct drive motors reduce parts counts. It's very stable in the air and will fly with spektrum, just needs a satellite.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my new 230 coming next week. looking forward to flying it
Old 02-14-2021, 09:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Where did you get it? I’m in Canada and still waiting for it to be released?
Jeremy1234 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2021, 02:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been flying the 230 s v1 for a few years as a sport pilot & have a spare NIB when this one wears out. It crashed yesterday due to mechanical issues/pilot error, but I have the parts to get her back into the air.

After an few hours in the shop, she flys again & as soon as the rain stops, out she goes for another spin. Since HH opted to change their batterys, chargers & connectors, I'll skip V2.
FloridaAKM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in