Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2021, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Discontinued Parts Support

Hello, with what looks like SAB discontinuing the previous line of 570-700 helicopters I am curious what the parts support will be like on those models.

I had considered off and on last year to move my nitro equipment over to the Black Nitro. It looks like that's discontinued now along with the 700 Sport.

I am curious how long parts support lasted for the original Goblin 700 after the Black Thunder / Sport line started. To me the Raw is kinda meh mainly from a visibility perspective. I like a strong contrast from the side to the front with lots of bright colors.
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2021, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Everything get replaced at some point. Use it till your no longer can get parts and then scrap it. Move the electronics to a new frame and move on.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wouldn't be buying discontinued used models / kits. You're just living on borrowed time at that point.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2021, 08:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Legitimate companies (SAB, Mikado, etc) tend to support discontinued models with part for many years.
Amain Field Representative
jhamel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2021, 08:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think that the original Goblin v1 parts are still available. I agree if you buy a brand new model it should be a current kit but with SAB I usually don't get concerned about not being able to get parts.
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2021, 09:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemn615 View Post
I am curious how long parts support lasted for the original Goblin 700 after the Black Thunder / Sport line started.
In most respects they are the same heli. All mechanical parts are interchangeable if not identical. Most of the differences were cosmetic. This has been one of the positive features of the larger Goblins up to the Kraken, all parts were interchangeable or upgradable.

With the raw and Kraken being totally new designs it will be interesting to find out how long SAB keep supporting the 'traditional' Goblin line with spares.
Old 05-18-2021, 11:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

So am I to understand that the Goblin 700 and 570 parts are being discontinued? It seems there are a tremendous number of these machines being flown. For example, the Goblin 700C platform has been flown for many years with different 'versions', but the same basic airframe (thunder sport with G10 side frames, Kyle Stacy with 3 bladed head, Drake with new color scheme, ect).

Would SAB really discontinue parts for the old G700 and G570 platforms?
#749: The end won't be for everyone. The choice, to know, will be yours

-Let's Go Brandon!!!
Skeezix is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2021, 11:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
So am I to understand that the Goblin 700 and 570 parts are being discontinued?
There is no evidence of that at this stage. It's really just speculative chat about how long SAB might keep making parts now that they have moved to an all new airframe design. Only SAB themselves really know.
Old 05-18-2021, 09:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wow this got off topic real fast. I don't believe anyone is saying that SAB has stopped producing parts for the 700 Sport or 570 sport line.

I am simply asking for the really old models how long did part support last before it was discontinued? Things such as the old tail boom design or some of the other older items.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in