Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2021, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default goblin raw pinion choice

just ordered raw kit. using neo gov. 530kv. mr mels hs calc show 24t pinion for best governing for 2300 hs.. is the 24 t pinion correct or should i get a 23t?
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2021, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Really depends on your head-speed. If you are intent on 2300 you probably need a 23t or 24t.
Weule is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2021, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default hs

thats what i just stated.. 2300.. 23t or 24t. both will get me there according to mr mels hs calc. wondering which works better or perferred on the raw
Old 05-27-2021, 11:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

if mel says 24t get it and test.

your motor says 530kv.. might be 520 or 540kv in real life

Spartan VX1n/e, Frsky RX, RT Blades MKS/BK, Hobbywing
Danker16 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2021, 12:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That is some crazy headspeed, anything over 2075 is a waste on 700mm blades, but each to their own.
rachel and Weule like this.
Old 05-28-2021, 05:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
That is some crazy headspeed, anything over 2075 is a waste on 700mm blades, but each to their own.
I doubt Tareq would agree with this statement. I don't know what headspeed he runs but it sounds like a swarm of angry hornets no matter the heli he is flying.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2021, 08:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
I doubt Tareq would agree with this statement. I don't know what headspeed he runs but it sounds like a swarm of angry hornets no matter the heli he is flying.
Yeah, but he's able to utilize the extra performance in his flight style. Most guys at this level do not reach out on forums for the correct pinion.

Whatever works for you. 23t or 24t should get you there.
OICU812 likes this.
Old 05-28-2021, 08:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

Ok well if the original poster can fly like Tareq and can utilize that head-speed and is happy with 2.5 - 3 minutes max flying time per flight, sure I stand corrected and accept my apologies.
Old 05-28-2021, 09:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want 2300 rpm 24 or ever 25 tooth pinion with a 530 KV motor. Or go to a higher KV motor.

I just built mine and with a 560 KV motor I am going to try the stock 21 tooth. This will yield a 2100 to 2200 rpm at the high end. I plan on trying 1600 to 1700 low, 1800-1900 medium, 2000 to 2100 high. On a 700 for me this usually a good balance of power and flight time.
Old 05-28-2021, 04:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default pinion

i ordered the 23 and 24.. couldnt remember which one i ran on the kraken a yr ago.
Old 05-28-2021, 05:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Ok well if the original poster can fly like Tareq and can utilize that head-speed and is happy with 2.5 - 3 minutes max flying time per flight, sure I stand corrected and accept my apologies.
Seen OP fly, he does and he says Tareq is overrated
Old 05-28-2021, 10:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default pinion

and i "reached out" cause i didnt want to waste money buying one pinion and finding out the bother worked better.figured id ask for input on people that where flying 2300 hs with 530 kv and neo gov. hoping to get an answer so incouod get the same. as dont remember what i used on kraken a year ago.... plan and simple.. didnt give a shit about what hs you people run on your helis and think to run.. its all about flight style and performance you want..in my 20yrs plus of heli flying i find i need around 2300 or so for my preference..
Old 05-29-2021, 05:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

You know- i've never seen someone ask a question on here with anything remotely controversial without a bunch of people showing up to argue with him why he doesn't need that ... whatever "that" is. I think it has something to do with the general age range of people on here.
iheliflyer and DrDisrespect like this.
XL Power Specter 700
Old 05-30-2021, 10:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I think it has something to do with the general age range of people on here.
the facebook kids these days are brutal, but they'll settle down when they get older.
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2021, 03:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

It is really funny how comments are blown out of proportion. There are all types of pilots that fly helis in many ways. 2300 HS speed is for those who prefer to bash a heli into submission and basically push the limits of what a heli can do. I love to watch that type of abuse and punishment inflicted on a machine. It requires a lot of wrenching and expense. But if that is what a person enjoys than by all means go for it. I helps create models that can withstand normal flight modes and makes the hobby better for us mortals. What is annoying is when rank and file pilots try to run those high head speeds and then complain about failures. The pros that can operate in those ranges have sponsors that compensate them for the failures and also get to cherry pick components that are at higher specs than what most get off the shelf. So it is questionable that one who claims proficiency at 2300 HS on a 700 class bird is curious as to what pinion to run. The costs to run those speeds are fractions of what a couple pinions will cost and the time to test them.

Scott
hyflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2021, 07:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyflyr View Post
It is really funny how comments are blown out of proportion. There are all types of pilots that fly helis in many ways. 2300 HS speed is for those who prefer to bash a heli into submission and basically push the limits of what a heli can do. I love to watch that type of abuse and punishment inflicted on a machine. It requires a lot of wrenching and expense. But if that is what a person enjoys than by all means go for it. I helps create models that can withstand normal flight modes and makes the hobby better for us mortals. What is annoying is when rank and file pilots try to run those high head speeds and then complain about failures. The pros that can operate in those ranges have sponsors that compensate them for the failures and also get to cherry pick components that are at higher specs than what most get off the shelf. So it is questionable that one who claims proficiency at 2300 HS on a 700 class bird is curious as to what pinion to run. The costs to run those speeds are fractions of what a couple pinions will cost and the time to test them.

Scott
Exactly, the OP's question was answered quickly and precisely. Most guys running 2300 with 20 years of experience usually just do the calculation or refer to the manual, so a few of us pointed out that 2300 is considered high.

Entirely personal preference. I doubt anyone here has a problem with the OP running 2300.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

For what it's worth - here are 'my' numbers (note 14S setup).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RawHS.png
Views:	42
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	920893  
mdu6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2021, 04:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heck i run 2100rpm on my 770 with 750mm blades. Goblins love headspeed. I love flying low headspeed too. If you're north of 2200 on a 700 14S is the way to go though.....unless you like your packs coming down at 130 degrees. At least mine were.

I used to run 2000 on my 700's almost exclusively and its true that there's really nothing you can't do at that headspeed in terms of technical moves, but another 2-300 can net some really fun/aggressive smack that you just can't do at 2000. At that headspeed your precision, ability, and reflexes really need to be on point though....things happen really fast so its not for everyone. Now 2000 feels like i'm in slow motion.
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2021, 05:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like watching Tareq ... I would not be able to keep up at that speed ... I don't know what headspeed that is but holy **** it is high ... I bet his packs are on fire when he lands.
XL Power Specter 700
Old 06-14-2021, 05:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
Heck i run 2100rpm on my 770 with 750mm blades. Goblins love headspeed. I love flying low headspeed too. If you're north of 2200 on a 700 14S is the way to go though.....unless you like your packs coming down at 130 degrees. At least mine were.

I used to run 2000 on my 700's almost exclusively and its true that there's really nothing you can't do at that headspeed in terms of technical moves, but another 2-300 can net some really fun/aggressive smack that you just can't do at 2000. At that headspeed your precision, ability, and reflexes really need to be on point though....things happen really fast so its not for everyone. Now 2000 feels like i'm in slow motion.

Sure but on the RAW the tail rotor box bearings go bad fast at 2100 and over and fast they do. I really wish the tr box design was made to handle wider radials versus these narrow flanged bearings.
Helicrazy2 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in