Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By nullmn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2021, 08:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Kolibri 90 LV... Is it dead or am I missing something?

Hello!

Been a Jive Pro user for a while now but now have a brand new Kolibri 90 LV in my hands.

I have a Jeti receiver (paired, known to be working, tested with a 2s battery and servo). I soldered battery and motor connectors to the Kolibri, plugged the motor in, receiver wire from the Kolibri into the receiver, powered up the TX and plugged in a 6s pack. I got the familiar 'snap' upon battery connection and then, nothing. No LED's, no beeps from the motor, no BEC voltage into the RX.

This is how my Jive Pros worked. This is what the manual says to do with the Kolibri. Am I missing something or is it simply DOA?

Thanks,
Nick
nullmn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2021, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you try to do a mode 1 reset?
xcell1600 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2021, 03:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hello!

Thanks for the suggestion! The manual says to do a Mode 1 Reset one must push the button on the Kolibri after the LED flash, ascending tone and initial cell-count tones.

None of those things happen. :-(

As for the button itself, I can't tell where it is under the shrink wrap. The manual has a picture with a circle and arrow, but I can't feel anything 'press' when I push on the shrink wrap.

I've reached out to Kontronik support. I was really hoping I was missing something obvious but it is looking more and more like the unit is DOA.

I just thought about that I am connecting a brand new motor. Perhaps something is wrong there. I'll try it with a known good motor.

Regards,
Nick
Old 06-01-2021, 10:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hello again!

An update! I got it working! I noticed that someone on this forum indicated they had a Kosmik 160HV that would not come to life (https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=886235). That poster resolved the issue by powering up things with the red-wire from the ESC disabled.

I disabled the red wire out of the ESC and powered my receiver with a separate pack and the Kolibri came to life! The LED flashed and the motor tones played. The manual says that the default BEC voltage is 5.6v but, somehow, the BEC was not working initially. I did a Mode 1 reset, then programmed it for mode 3, Jeti telemetry and BEC of 7.4v. I then removed the receiver battery pack, restored the use of the red wire out of the ESC, hooked up to the receiver and plugged in the 6s flight pack and everything flashed and toned as expected! And, oh yeah, the motor spun when I applied the throttle on my TX! :-)

This process is not in the manual, so I was definitely 'missing' something. I'm glad I don't have to send the ESC overseas for repair/replacement!

Regards,
Nick
Raptorapture and apostolosnt like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in