Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > HobbyWing ESC's

HobbyWing ESC's HobbyWing ESC Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2021, 08:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default need a little guidance with a hobbywing 60a v4

i have a 60a v4 in my oxy 3 qube , if i forget to switch into throttle hold before plugging in the battery (happens a lot) i get 2 beeps and then when i go into throttle hold i get the rest ,which effectively sets my 100% throttle to my iu1 headspeed , then when i take off , it , predictably is at 100% throttle , so my question is , can i prevent this (other than remembering to start in throttle hold) or is this just the way it is?
and i'm guessing that the telemetry that they allow is "not the information your looking for"( for those that don't get it , its a star wars reference)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2021, 08:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try unplugging the battery before finishing the throttle calibration process. Then set throttle hold and re-plug the flight pack.

Now the lecture;

It sounds like you need to get into the habit of checking what your switches are set to. Take a second to look over your transmitter before plugging in the Heli. Ask yourself:
— is it on?
— where are my sticks, centered?
— battery %?
— model that I’m flying selected?
— switch positions. (Rescue off/ throttle hold on / correct IU)
Then set it down on a stable position, (not balanced on your knee)

Throttle hold is a big one. If the ESC didn’t go into calibration mode, then it would be throttling up instead. (I’ll take an unwanted calibration over, blades spinning in hand…). Some transmitters have a pre-flight check, along with some FBL won’t arm the ESC unless hold is engaged.

On my radio, I get a warning if any of the switches are not in the correct position on startup. The transmitter won’t start until they are in the preconfigured positions.

I run through some additional checks each time I get ready to switch out of throttle hold as well. But that’s a topic for another day. (And I’m sure it’s been beat to death already)

Enjoy flying, a little habit will solve a fair amount of troubles
Old 06-17-2021, 08:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony1 View Post
and i'm guessing that the telemetry that they allow is "not the information your looking for"( for those that don't get it , its a star wars reference)
The HW60 and below sized ESCs do support telemetry. They provide the same telemetry as the 80A and larger ESCs with the exception of Amps and as a result can’t be used to calculate mAh consumed.. And yes, mAh is what most are looking for. The 80A version will provide a Amps reading. …but it’s so inaccurate at low current that for Heli’s that could get away with a 60A the 80A is of little use to provide an accurate Amp/mAh reading.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

thank you , on my other heli's i have scorpion tribunus and i purposely don't put them in throttle hold when i plug in because they don't arm until the see 0%, so thats the habit i'm in , all the other stuff i do, pre flight etc, i fly futaba and it too lets me know that the switches are in the wrong place but only when i switch on, once on its silent ,
this is also a new to me heli, i've flown it maybe 8 times now with 6 of those flights requiring recallibration, its not a problem and now that i know about throttle hold having to be set i'm sure i will remember , just seeing if there was another alternative
thanks again and happy flying

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in