Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > AccuRC Flight Sim

AccuRC Flight Sim AccuRC Flight Sim Discussion

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2021, 01:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default AccuRC on a big screen?

I'm currently simming on my 17" screen laptop and would like to view it on either my 55" or 65" without the lag or bad picture quality which I get using the HDMI cable. What are those of you doing to accomplish this? My laptop has an Nvidia Geforce MX150 graphics card.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	system.PNG
Views:	29
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	903331  
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2021, 03:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure you have an HDMI 2.2 spec cable. Check display settings and then advanced in windows 10 to make sure its running at least 60hz. You'll get input lag etc if its running less than 60 hz. Try running no vsync and FPS of 120 on the sim.
XL Power Specter 700 v1 & v2
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2021, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
Make sure you have an HDMI 2.2 spec cable. Check display settings and then advanced in windows 10 to make sure its running at least 60hz. You'll get input lag etc if its running less than 60 hz. Try running no vsync and FPS of 120 on the sim.
Thanks Fiddle. I will give that a try and report back with the results. It seems my eyes are finally giving up on the small laptop screen. I need all the help I can get
Old 02-04-2021, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

See if your TV has a game mode. If it does the TV will sacrifice a bit of image quality for a shorter input lag. I sim on 43" TV and it is unusable outside of game mode.
Old 02-05-2021, 05:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMace6 View Post
See if your TV has a game mode. If it does the TV will sacrifice a bit of image quality for a shorter input lag. I sim on 43" TV and it is unusable outside of game mode.
same here - my 55" sony must be set to game mode or there is all kinds of input lag whether i'm playing playstation or simming.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMace6 View Post
Quote:
same here - my 55" sony must be set to game mode or there is all kinds of input lag whether i'm playing playstation or simming.

I changed the parameters suggested per both of your advice except for the HDMI cable which mine is still a 2160P (4K X 2K). I believe that's only a 2.0 cable. The picture quality has improved with not as much pixelation when flying further out and much smoother. However, there is still enough lag from input and to what the model does to not be accurate enough. Basic flight is tolerable but is very apparent when shooting autos. The timing with flaring etc... really exploits it. Hoping when I get a better cable (2.2) that this may be resolved? My eyes are already Thanking me.
Old 02-06-2021, 04:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by soangp View Post
I changed the parameters suggested per both of your advice except for the HDMI cable which mine is still a 2160P (4K X 2K). I believe that's only a 2.0 cable. The picture quality has improved with not as much pixelation when flying further out and much smoother. However, there is still enough lag from input and to what the model does to not be accurate enough. Basic flight is tolerable but is very apparent when shooting autos. The timing with flaring etc... really exploits it. Hoping when I get a better cable (2.2) that this may be resolved? My eyes are already Thanking me.
I couldn't swear to that. I might have been wrong and 2.2 might not be correct. 2.0 might be the deal? Now i'm second guessing myself.

Have a look at windows. Right click on the desktop and click display settings. There is an advanced link or something like that. Click that and it will show you what hz the display is running at. If it is like 30hz or something you are going to get input lag. It should 60hz. Sometimes it will come up as 59hz for some reason. That seems to really mess things up. Go to advanced display properties for the "monitor" and try to pick 60hz.

Turn on the FPS counter in Steam (its under steam settings) it will show a counter on the screen so that you can make sure that AccuRC is getting to the FPS you specified. In AccuRC settings, make sure vsync is off. Set frames per second to 120. Now observe the counter overlay while the game is running. See if it is getting where it is supposed (120 or so) without it dropping all the time to different numbers.

If all of that works, then its time start looking at the TV settings. Check if there is a "game" mode for the input you are using. Enable such. Have a look through all of the settings. Make sure no picture enhancements are enabled.

This all stuff that was mentioned before, but with more detail so you can double check. Input lag sucks for sure. You said you had none when connected to a regular monitor right?
Old 02-06-2021, 01:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I couldn't swear to that. I might have been wrong and 2.2 might not be correct. 2.0 might be the deal? Now i'm second guessing myself.

Have a look at windows. Right click on the desktop and click display settings. There is an advanced link or something like that. Click that and it will show you what hz the display is running at. If it is like 30hz or something you are going to get input lag. It should 60hz. Sometimes it will come up as 59hz for some reason. That seems to really mess things up. Go to advanced display properties for the "monitor" and try to pick 60hz.

60Hz is confirmed

Turn on the FPS counter in Steam (its under steam settings) it will show a counter on the screen so that you can make sure that AccuRC is getting to the FPS you specified. In AccuRC settings, make sure vsync is off. Set frames per second to 120. Now observe the counter overlay while the game is running. See if it is getting where it is supposed (120 or so) without it dropping all the time to different numbers.

Vsync turned off. Frame rate set to 240 in AccuRc. This seems to bring the counter closest to 120 with it jumping around during flight from 110 to 125 (still noticeable lag). Frame rate set to anything less brings the numbers to high 80's to low 90's.

If all of that works, then its time start looking at the TV settings. Check if there is a "game" mode for the input you are using. Enable such. Have a look through all of the settings. Make sure no picture enhancements are enabled.

Game mode enabled and other enhancements turned off

This all stuff that was mentioned before, but with more detail so you can double check. Input lag sucks for sure. You said you had none when connected to a regular monitor right?

I never had it hooked up to another monitor but on the laptop screen I do not feel/see the lag.

Would running the laptop off its battery and not having it plugged in with its power cord make a difference?
Old 02-06-2021, 04:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Would running the laptop off its battery and not having it plugged in with its power cord make a difference?
That would definitely make a difference. Your laptop will be in a lower power mode there. I would set the FPS limit to 120 and then try to figure why it doesn't get to 120. The goal is to not have it jumping around.

Things to raise the FPS
* Try with laptop plugged in.
* Try dropping the detail level on the sim (sometimes its actually easier to see the heli when the background looks blurred out).
* Try turning off hardware Antialias and antialias. it doesn't make much of a difference anyway.
Old 02-06-2021, 04:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hate to say it but that graphics card will need kid gloves to push 4K:

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar.../m332822vs3609

Do everything you can to minimize the graphics workload then see if you can get the frames you want.
Old 02-07-2021, 12:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That would definitely make a difference. Your laptop will be in a lower power mode there. I would set the FPS limit to 120 and then try to figure why it doesn't get to 120. The goal is to not have it jumping around.

Things to raise the FPS
* Try with laptop plugged in.
* Try dropping the detail level on the sim (sometimes its actually easier to see the heli when the background looks blurred out).
* Try turning off hardware Antialias and antialias. it doesn't make much of a difference anyway.

Kept the laptop plugged in and turned the resolution down to 1280X720. I also turned the AccuRc frame rate from 200 to 120. Results were positive as the FPS now sits at 120 dropping only a couple of points max during flight. The lag has almost all but disappeared. Its still not perfect but definitely much better as timing during autos are pretty much in sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJW View Post
I hate to say it but that graphics card will need kid gloves to push 4K:

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar.../m332822vs3609

Do everything you can to minimize the graphics workload then see if you can get the frames you want.

My goal still is to get my 65" screen working with a 1920X1080 resolution and zero lag. I'm thinking JimJW is correct in that the Graphics card is not up to the task. Now I'm wondering if I should search for a better graphics card or start thinking about a new computer or laptop for gaming.

Thank you to everybody that helped me figure out the issues
Old 02-07-2021, 05:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My goal still is to get my 65" screen working with a 1920X1080 resolution and zero lag. I'm thinking JimJW is correct in that the Graphics card is not up to the task. Now I'm wondering if I should search for a better graphics card or start thinking about a new computer or laptop for gaming.
I'm glad we were able to get you part of the way there. In my experience, its mostly better to get a whole new machine rather than just a graphics card.

If you like laptops, here are some with the latest video card family from Nvidia (RTX 30xx series): https://shop.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...070,RTX%203060

If you are thinking more of a desktop, it would be cheaper to build one yourself than to buy a pre-made one (well maybe not cheaper but best bang for buck).
Old 02-07-2021, 08:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
[
My goal still is to get my 65" screen working with a 1920X1080 resolution and zero lag. I'm thinking JimJW is correct in that the Graphics card is not up to the task.
I think that the last remaining lag is likely due to upscaling from the lower resolution sent from the laptop to the TV.

I didn’t catch the native resolution of the TV but I’ll assume it’s a 4K (at 65”) I believe that upping the resolution from 720 or 1080 to 4K can introduce lag as well.
Old 02-07-2021, 12:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm glad we were able to get you part of the way there. In my experience, its mostly better to get a whole new machine rather than just a graphics card.

If you like laptops, here are some with the latest video card family from Nvidia (RTX 30xx series): https://shop.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...070,RTX%203060

I like laptops for portability but I will have to research exactly what is cost effective as simming is the only "gaming" it will be used for. A desk top is not out of the equation. Any suggestions to a build is welcomed. I subscribe to the buy once cry once method.

You have been most helpful as you always are on this site

If you are thinking more of a desktop, it would be cheaper to build one yourself than to buy a pre-made one (well maybe not cheaper but best bang for buck).
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJW View Post
I think that the last remaining lag is likely due to upscaling from the lower resolution sent from the laptop to the TV.

This may be a naive question but my TV did not offer resolutions options. If the laptop resolution matched the TV resolution would the lag be completely gone?

I didn’t catch the native resolution of the TV but I’ll assume it’s a 4K (at 65”) I believe that upping the resolution from 720 or 1080 to 4K can introduce lag as well.

My TV is 4K but I did not see any options for different resolutions. I'm sure its there. I will have to search a bit more.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My TV is 4K but I did not see any options for different resolutions. I'm sure its there. I will have to search a bit more.
Most TVs will upscale automatically. Just pump it a resolution and it handles the rest automagically. Usually there’s a setting for ‘stretch’, ‘just fit’ and so on to handle different aspect ratios.
Old 02-08-2021, 03:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I came across this thread. Snagged a new LG 65" 4k but 120hz not 60. Not unboxed yet, bought it yesterday. Will this be flyable at all? I tried another tv that had great picture from my lappy, but just the mouse lag I saw I didn't even try to fly ARC.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

it should be if you follow some or all of the steps given here...
Old 02-08-2021, 04:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittylube View Post
I came across this thread. Snagged a new LG 65" 4k but 120hz not 60. Not unboxed yet, bought it yesterday. Will this be flyable at all? I tried another tv that had great picture from my lappy, but just the mouse lag I saw I didn't even try to fly ARC.
A 4K screen is a fair amount of pixels... it wasn’t long ago that hardcore gamers could play at 4K with a high end machine. (Granted more resource intensive than AccuRC)

Your grandmother’s PC isn’t going to cut it, but a decent system can more than cut the mustard.

There is some differences in lag between TVs but a newer one should be OK...
Old 06-10-2021, 09:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am having latency issues as well. I have checked everything in the posts above. Does anyone think it could be my graphics card?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	37
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	920973  
Maxxs700 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2021, 01:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

way too high graphics settings for the hardware you have. no way that card is going to run ultra high sorry.
Ade_Law is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in