Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR Control

Mikado V-BAR Control Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Control Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2021, 05:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

1. I donít know

2. Check the orientation of the unit on setup. I once had an issue that Pro was not recognized and I had to redo the setup. Without Pro it was limiting in options to fix servo movement.

3. For ESC integration you need an extra cable. Havenít tried it out myself. On the to-do list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PLANETGETLOW likes this.
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2021, 06:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I figured out the Orientation, weird I just switched it to wires facing back, then back to wires front how I had it and it worked.

I’m stumped on the user screens, I must be missing something simple.

I’ll wait for the Hobbywing replies. In the mean time is there a place in the TX where I need to configure the throttle curve for banks?

Is the “Motor Stop” in Vbar the same as “Throttle Hold” in Spektrum?
Old 06-17-2021, 09:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Usually TH is something you can program the throttle percentage on. If your ESC has bailout capability then it allows you to spool up quickly while in the air in case your planned auto rotation is going pear shaped. The level is usually in the 25-30% range. It can also be simulated if your ESC doesn't support.

Now for VControl the similar setting is Motor Idle which sits between Motor Off and Motor On on the motor switch. The reason for the motor off which is quite often not used in electric heli's is to support the Tx being auto turned on after the ESC and FBL. That way the throttle signal is always 0% as output by the FBL until your Tx is awake and your Tx never transmits more than 0% throttle until your motor switch has been in the Off position after booting up.

This feature is effectively doing the same thing as most ESC's do which is not arming the ESC/throttle channel until it is 0% first. It is pretty much the only safe way to do this but I do miss not having the ESC armed before going to the flight line. Once the motor switch is set to Motor Off the ESC arms immediately. In order to not have just this switch between you and lawnmower, the safety switch provides that second layer of protection. It needs to be activated in addition to the motor switch to get the throttle signal to go above 0%.

Hope that helps.
PLANETGETLOW likes this.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

MOTOR STOP is motor killed for an electric and IDLE is the same as the old school HOLD where the motor will not run if the switch is moved from STOP but will "idle" if the switch is moved from RUN position.

There are no throttle curves for electrics by default as percentage throttle will be set per bank as a fixed value for governor to operate.

Images for your heli is loaded in the cloud and used if you have the app installed video https://uroehr.de/vtube/cat/vbar-con...-en-userscreen
PLANETGETLOW likes this.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2021, 10:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

On Governor you can setup your throttle percentage. This is different than Spektrum. You don't have curves, you actually have to do custom programming to simulate then as I understand. You just set a single point, which is the same as if you entered the same value on all points of the curve or what is commonly called a "flat curve".

You can set one value per bank. If you use the ESC governor, you will need to calibrate the throttle range and the RPM standardization. Kyle Stacy has a video how to put the NEO ready for these steps. You have to use the ESC setup wizard. If you use the NEO governor then you will have more options to tune it.

I got used to the simulator where there is no Normal mode and because I wanted to have a standard timer for my flight style and get the batteries at the desired voltage (3.7 then go back home and storage charge to 3.8) so I got used to a single bank and directly from Throttle Hold to Idle Up 3. On VBAR there is one more step, the Motor Idle. This is the step on the switch before Throttle Hold (I think it's Motor Off). Throttle Hold will do what Spektrum will kill the Throttle while Motor Idle will give it a tiny bit for a better ESC bailout recovery.

I setup my switches like my Spektrum radio, on the back so I can't keep Throttle Hold as that position is a spring so it always goes back to Motor Idle. I therefore have the other rear switch on Security or something like that which also kills throttle. I used that on my Spektrum radio as a safety measure with Throttle Hold and Throttle Cut on those positions. It worked great. One day I bumped one of the switches by accident and that little setup saved my butt.

The default Motor Idle is so low it feels like Throttle Cut. I may try to tweak it to 0 but eventually I will use it for Autorotation, if I ever have enough courage to do it so it will one day be a bit higher value. I want it so that the blades are still rotating but not enough to generate lift. That should be perfect for Autorotation quick spoolup recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANETGETLOW View Post
I figured out the Orientation, weird I just switched it to wires facing back, then back to wires front how I had it and it worked.

Iím stumped on the user screens, I must be missing something simple.

Iíll wait for the Hobbywing replies. In the mean time is there a place in the TX where I need to configure the throttle curve for banks?

Is the ďMotor StopĒ in Vbar the same as ďThrottle HoldĒ in Spektrum?
PLANETGETLOW likes this.
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
Old 06-18-2021, 01:22 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you use the IDLE position for autorotation practice, you need to set it to a value required by your ESC to enable fast spool up if you bail by switching to RUN. The logic is such that going from OFF to IDLE will not set the output to the idle value chosen, but only if moved from RUN to IDLE.

Work perfectly irrespective of which governor is used as long as the IDLE value is set to your ESC requirement for auto bail out.
PLANETGETLOW likes this.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2021, 09:57 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
MOTOR STOP is motor killed for an electric and IDLE is the same as the old school HOLD where the motor will not run if the switch is moved from STOP but will "idle" if the switch is moved from RUN position.

There are no throttle curves for electrics by default as percentage throttle will be set per bank as a fixed value for governor to operate.

Images for your heli is loaded in the cloud and used if you have the app installed video https://uroehr.de/vtube/cat/vbar-con...-en-userscreen
Thanks to all for replying, it has clarified some details for me.

I do have the app installed on the radio, it says ďActiveĒ but I still canít change the screen. I uploaded an image that I cropped and itís on the cloud but I donít know how to get it from the cloud to my radio.

Iíve watched a lot of videos including VStabi but none show you what to do if the long presses on the screen donít work.
Old 06-19-2021, 04:52 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has to be connected to model. Long press on blank area of screen. Press edit. Should allow you to edit the screen layout at that point (will switch to edit mode). touch blank are of screen. click add i think it is. choose vbar connected. Then choose "own image"

See Ron Thomas video here:
How to add a custom image to your VControl Touch! (2 min 46 sec)
Jocker likes this.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2021, 10:38 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
Has to be connected to model. Long press on blank area of screen. Press edit. Should allow you to edit the screen layout at that point (will switch to edit mode). touch blank are of screen. click add i think it is. choose vbar connected. Then choose "own image"

See Ron Thomas video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oupi91MQbs
As an update I was able to figure out the esc and throttle curves. I just used the Neo Esc and figured out where the screens were to change the head speeds.

I still canít use the custom user screen. Model is connected, I uploaded an image to VStabi but when I try to long press it does nothing.

Another question, I have 2 more helis to convert to Neo but I would like to use my V Touch with Ikon, is that possible?
Old 07-09-2021, 11:15 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Canít help with the Touch question but I sold my Spirits to get NEOs. Really you donít want to get rid of the integration features. Plus I am feeling right at home with how I was ultimately able to tune and how the Heli feels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PLANETGETLOW likes this.
Old 07-09-2021, 01:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I still canít use the custom user screen. Model is connected, I uploaded an image to VStabi but when I try to long press it does nothing.
when you long press on a blank area of the screen you don't get a menu with things like "edit" ?

Quote:
Another question, I have 2 more helis to convert to Neo but I would like to use my V Touch with Ikon, is that possible?
You can't as far as I am aware.
XL Power Specter 700
Old 07-09-2021, 03:24 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
when you long press on a blank area of the screen you don't get a menu with things like "edit" ?
Nope.

What I did notice if if you go to the Apps on the radio to see if they are enabled the ones that work have the little orange radio button lit up so I know they are active but never has that been orange or lit on the custom user screen
Old 07-10-2021, 05:27 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is something wrong there I should say. I would contact Mikado USA (assuming you are in the USA) for some help:

Web: https://shop.mikadousa.com/crm.asp?action=contactus
Phone: (844)-4-MIKADO
Email: [email protected]
XL Power Specter 700
Old 07-10-2021, 12:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Appreciate it, Iíll call them next week

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in