Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters

150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By yakky
  • 1 Post By Sloucher
  • 1 Post By Thomas.Heiss

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2021, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question 150X GRS App not available?

I'm thinking of buying a new Trex 150X as I already have a 150 DFC, but its currently awaiting spares, so I want something else to fly in the meantime. I saw there is an app to program the flight parameters, but I can't find it anywhere. The link on the Align website simply gives a "We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server." error.
Is there a problem with this app - will I even need it?
Sloucher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2021, 01:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anyone?
I can't find the Android version of the app anywhere. The iPhone version is available, but not Android. Does it exist??
If the app is necessary to set up the 150X, then I'm going to have to send the heli back, I'm not changing to iPhone just for the app!!

EDIT:
I managed to find the APK file for this app, but when installed, it says "This app was built for an older version of Android" and sure enough it crashes my phone (Huawei P30), so I've had to uninstall it. Which leaves me at square 1. Is there not an up to date Android version of the app?

Last edited by Sloucher; 06-14-2021 at 01:35 PM.. Reason: Tried APK unsuccessfully
Old 06-14-2021, 02:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

See if you can find someone with an older android device you can "borrow" If you were closer I'd be happy to give you one.
Sloucher likes this.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2021, 05:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi yakky, unfortunately everyone I know with an Android phone has the latest version of Android installed.

Until Align get their act together and release a version of 150 GRS that is compatible, I'll have to make do with the older, unstable version I have installed via APK file.
I've found that provided I don't try to change the default language setting it doesn't fall over, so far. I haven't tried connecting it to the heli via bluetooth and adjusting anything yet though (heli is due to arrive tomorrow), so who knows what will happen then!!
yakky likes this.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could try this:

Install an Android emulator on a Pc like Bluestacks, Nox, Memu, KoPlayer,...

My installed version of KOPlayer (below 2.0) - which looks to be discontinued now as I couldn't find the website anymore??? - used a much older Android OS version like 4.4.

Others emus support 6, v7 or Android Pie 9.0.

I doubt you have to use the very latest Android OS 10-11/12 versions.

Hopefully everything works with Usb or Bluetooth connection from the emu (from your PC) so you can connect to the Grs Fbl.
Sloucher likes this.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2021, 11:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

That sounds a great idea Thomas

As I mentioned, I have managed to get the earlier (v.1.2) version installed on my phone (Android v.10) and provided I don't try to change the language settings (shouldn't have to as it defaults to English) it seems to be ok, although I haven't tried connecting to the GRS FBL yet.

I'll try to setup the app on my PC later tonight - I'll let you know if it works - or not , as the case may be!!

As my 150DFC is in bits waiting for spares, I really want to get this 150X in the air!
Old 06-17-2021, 04:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found this the other week too. Very frustrating.
My g/f has an i-phone, and the app and bluetooth connection worked fine.
Sorry for not posting earlier.
Hope it helps
Phil
Fzr Phil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2021, 05:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Phil,
I'm going to try the old version of the app I've managed to sideload onto my Android phone later today, and if that doesn't work then I may try Thomas's suggestion. Failing that, I know one of my sons uses an iPhone, so I might have to ask him for a favour!!

Failing all that, the 150X gets returned as "not fit for purpose"
Old 06-30-2021, 04:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, this 150X white elephant is going to be thrown in a drawer and forgotten, never to be flown.

I still can't source a copy of the 150GRS app for Android and Align Support just don't respond to emails. The older version of the app that I did manage to sideload onto my phone will only interpret the Tx signals as Mode 1, I operate Mode 2 so that's not going to work. There's no option I can see to swap modes in the app .

I tried following the binding process anyway as per this video:

Align TREX 150X DX9 Spektrum Setup Basic Beginner May 2017 (45 min 26 sec)

but I don't get anything like the flashing led sequence he does. My satellite Rx shows a solid red led but the GRS unit just keeps on flashing red.

I think I've had it with small Align helis. Both the 150DFC and 150X are useless. One keeps breaking (not because of crashes) and one doesn't do anything!! At least my Nano keeps going!
Old 06-30-2021, 04:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is a version 1.4 of the APK (others available) here if it isn't the one you found:

https://apkpure.com/150-grs/tw.com.align.trex150

Also this page has scannable links to download the app but I didn't try any to see if they worked:

150 GRS Flybarless System - ALIGN
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2021, 01:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the links BrokeDad, assuming APKPure is now free of a Trojan virus, I'll try installing that APK file to see if its any better than the early version I have. Maybe this 150X of mine might get to turn a rotor after all - watch this space!

As to the links on the Align page, all the Android ones are still broken I'm afraid
Old 07-01-2021, 05:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, bit of an update. I feel in a better mood now

First, I tried the APK version 1.4 - wouldn't connect to the heli, even though my phone could see it ok.
Secondly, tried version 1.3 - same result.
Thirdly, tried version 1.2 - and success , heli connected.

Next I retried binding to my DX6i, nope, didn't want to know. My new NX8 was a different matter though, it bound with that easily and I was able to follow the video above with no problems and even my Lemon DSMX satellite receiver works ok.

It seems then that even though the DX6i is a computer radio it just won't bind with the 150X. The NX8 had no such problem though, I wonder why that is?

I've not flown the heli yet as its late and the weather's none too promising for a day or two (no room indoors - I'm not skilled enough by a long way yet!). It spools up and gets light on the skids at about the point I'd expect it to, so I'm hopeful now.

Boy, the headspeed sounds so much faster than the 150DFC. I know the blade mounting holes are metal reinforced because of that, so......are the 150X blades backwardly compatible with the 150DFC does anyone know? They look about the same length.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in