Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2021, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Beastx governor setup problems

Hi,
I've some problems with the configuration of the governor (rpm, autorotation, ....) I use the channel 3 of the transmitter for the rpm (throttle channel of the beastx). I've configured three levels on the transmitter, idle1 -30%, idle2 -10% and idle3 0% (the channel goes from -100% to 100%) with another switch I can choose if replace the value on channel 3 with -100% (motor off), autorotation (-90%) or to replace with the selected idle. I've tried to configure the governor motor off and max rpm but I get the error "invalid" on studiox. Can you explain how to configure this section of the beastx? Does the channel for the governor (not throttle channel) have to do with idles or is it for other functions of the governor?

Thank you,
Andrea
AndreaRoss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2021, 02:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

You should set the throttle channel first to 100% open throttle top and idle bottom. Then you teach the Beast where these points are so it knows. Then set your throttle curves up as you would if you didn't have a governor. When you hit throttle hold it will come off governor because the BeastX knows where idle is.

The governor channel is used to control the governed speed or to switch the governor off completely. Its best used on a three way switch controlling the channel. 50% is governor off and you adjust your atv's at either end to select 2 different speeds. If you are using Studio X and have set up your gear ratio it will show you what speed settings you are using.
leadlag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2021, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi,
ok I just tried to do as you said and I think I managed to set the 3 idles, in StudioX i can see the three speeds. From StudioX I skipped the governor channel because I read in the beastx manual that it should be for nitro and not for electric motors, I'm wrong?
Old 06-30-2021, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

when I put the switch off studio x tells me that the governor is off, in autorotation it tells me autorotation and when I turn it on it gives me the rpm I want (1800, 2100 and 2500). Trying with the esc, however, I find that I don't have 1800 rpm, but it goes to the maximum rpm. I don't know why the esc goes at full speed
Old 06-30-2021, 07:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

With or without blades?

I know nothing of the MicroBeast governor, never used it, but some FBL units have a setting called minimum throttle. If the MB does too, whether you can set it or not, it's entirely possible if you are running without blades that the minimum throttle value allowed, in governor mode, will run the head up to a much higher RPM, because the throttle setting is not allowed to be lower than that minimum value.

Almost no load, and even 20% throttle, could easily be higher than any of the required governed rpms.

Just guessing, but worth a look, if you are trying without blades.

They do it to stop the ESCs going back into soft start, because they think they have been stopped, if you do an overspeed or similar and the governor tries to reduce throttle to zero, to keep trying to lower the head speed unsuccessfully. Helps with overspeed recovery too, because it doesn't have to suddenly ramp back up again from close to zero throttle.
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2021, 01:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am testing without the blades, i have to check if the beastx has a setting called minimum throttle, I also adjusted the throttle range of the esc by doing this:
I connected the esc directly to the receiver, I put the throttle on the transmitter at maximum and then I switched on the receiver and esc. The esc made 3 beeps and at that point I put the gas to zero, the esc at this point gives me the number of battery cells. Leaving the esc connected to the receiver I tried the three idles and they actually work, if I put the beastx in the middle then it does as I wrote in the message before. Maybe the values ​​of the rpm governor are different from those of the receiver and I have to redo the above procedure as well?
Old 07-15-2021, 12:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've solved the problem with the motor, now it's running correctly at the three different rpms. I've only one last problem with the sticks travel, when I move the sticks to half value the swashplate is at the maximum position, this happen also for the rudder. How can I correct the sticks travel and the servos range?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in