Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TGZ 380 Set up questions???

Received this Tgz380 finally and see the set-up instructions(sm paper with parameters) but no writing . How do you enter the 2 different modes ? Is it anything like a ar7200(have 1 on my 600) set-up.?Kinda looks the same . Installing on my back up 450.. Thanks for any help.
sharkmon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2014, 10:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't tried a TGZ380 out yet, but from what I've read on them, they're essentially BeastX clones with the V3 firmware. So, setting it up should be exactly like the AR7200BX. With the exception that the functions of the #1 and #3 pots are switched. And of course wiring it to a conventional receiver, unlike the AR7200BX which combines the receiver and the BeastX in one unit. A little Googling will lead you to the BeastX manual, and some setup videos.
Nihilistic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2014, 01:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok sweet. Setting up my ar was easy and I have the manual. Thanks
sharkmon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default issue with TGZ380 setup

Hi guys!

I am in the process of converting an original Align 250 to FBL and after a lot of headaches have finally managed to get to the position where i can level the swash AND attach the pitch change links (am using the DFC head but had to shorten the servo pitch change rods so that everything would fit together [I tried all combinations: with the shortened main shaft, with the original shaft, the geometry was just wrong!])

When going through the setup I could not get the blue light when setting the 6˚ but as the instructions said it is not vital as long as 6˚ is all that is set!

I'm finding when I spool up and apply a slight cyclic input the rotor disc is approx. 45˚ premature, i.e. if pushing forward on the cyclic the rotor disc tilts forward and to the left!!

Is this something I've induced by altering the pitch rod lengths or something I've missed in the setup procedure?

If anyone can help, my scalp will be very grateful as I'm pulling my hair out in chunks at the moment !!!

cheers, Matty
mattyhelifish is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2021, 11:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

good afternoon Gents! am sure this isn't the place to ask this, but I'm having some real issues with my TGZ380 and AR6210.....is there a step by step set up available? thanks in advance and appologise !
ralphp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2021, 12:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphp View Post
good afternoon Gents! am sure this isn't the place to ask this, but I'm having some real issues with my TGZ380 and AR6210.....is there a step by step set up available? thanks in advance and appologise !
There a lots of youtube videos on the Microbeast that should help you as well as the original manual. As posted above POTS 1 and 3 are swapped, everything else is the same.
ralphp likes this.
yakky is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2021, 02:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been watching the videos and that could be the issue (changes from one to the next) I hadn't seen the swapped pots.....that might help!

thanks for the response!
Old 06-05-2021, 07:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you downloaded the micro beast V3 manual?
Old 06-07-2021, 02:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have....but get the feeling it's not going to help, but will work though to see if I can sort......thanks again
Old 06-07-2021, 05:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default VIDEO

OK.....not sure what Im doing wrong but can't get past this stage.....Have A flashing with Purple solid, which I believe should be Spektrum DX6i/R6210. But as soon as i hit the set button it goes to B, solid red and can't move on. Also the controller, although bound, will not change the status light?????

If Im being an absolute numpty, please let me know
Attached Files
File Type: mov IMG_2668.MOV (5.89 MB, 10 views)

Last edited by ralphp; 06-07-2021 at 08:02 AM..
Old 06-07-2021, 02:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd double check the wiring, I've never used a standard receiver with a TGZ, I always use just the Satellite so I'm not much help. Just looking real quick it does look like AIL and PITCH are also swapped.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tgz380.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	920543  
Old 06-08-2021, 12:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many thanks…..will give that a go! And that wire diagram is totally different from the one that came with it and what I’ve found on line?

Thanks Again!

Last edited by ralphp; 06-08-2021 at 02:56 AM..
Old 06-08-2021, 03:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have just found also that, as per video's I am using a 9V battery, and if the voltage drops, you can't change the TGZ to "Spektrum" it may well be the rest of the programing has to be with main battery?
Old 06-08-2021, 07:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you have an esc, just connect it and use that for power. Just don't connect the motor.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll unplug the motor as standard practice......will need to sort my batterys (I was setting up with a 9v with a switch to make life easy and also so not to fry to reciever and gyro......as I did earlier
Old 06-08-2021, 07:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yakky, do you use just satalitte and gyro, rather than reciever then?
Old 06-08-2021, 08:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphp View Post
Yakky, do you use just satalitte and gyro, rather than reciever then?
Yes, just the TGZ-380 and a satellite. You have to use the special adapter cable though as it needs to step the voltage down to the Sat.
ralphp likes this.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:14 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I may well try it just to get a feel.....I have the cable. But I'll be honest, am going to fit later in a MD500 shell I've sorted, and was looking for a bit of extra "coverage" also converted to a five blade head.......
Old 06-08-2021, 09:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good plan, that will rule out the cabling issue, but you are still left with your radio channel mappings which might be an issue. Also if you get frustrated enough, I'd suggest an Ikon2. I know a little pricey at $150ish, but you get self level and bailout, as well as vibe logging and you'll be able to see what the unit is doing on a laptop or your phone instead of guessing with blinking lights.
ralphp likes this.
Old 06-09-2021, 02:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been flying for years and NEVER been so frustrated, on builds, rebuild, upgradings or crashes.......I can accept all the same, but this

Have just tried as a satellite, and had flashing satellite, which on binding went to slow amber flash then out completely.....so no bind?

Then went back to plan A, receiver and Satellite.......and back to bound receiver and satellite, and able to change using set button to "Spectrum" purple light.......and that's it (B and solid RED)

AS PER INSTRUCTIONS it states it's not initialised.

Also read that holding the SET button for 15 sec's resets.......but again it doesn't.

Thanks for the help and advise, but I'm going for a lie-down to rest my head!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in