Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Zyx-s install and I am stumped

Ok zyx-s is going in a 250 pro dfc.

I have the gyro and the USB adapter.

I need to power the unit and start the installation.

The unit can not be powered through the USB port. I tried that and it does not work.

For initial setup then I assume I need to power it with the esc? Can I just hook a battery to the esc on the bench without attaching anything to the heli, then redo the final connections when everything is setup?

Power would be put on the aileron channel?

The satellite connects to the Rudder?

Initial setup is with just the unit and satellite with no servos attached?

Then power the unit down and attach the servos and finish the setup?

The tarot instructions show binding the transmitter and receiver using a cable between the top two ports and the satellite in the rudder port. Where in the world would power from the esc connect to?

Thanks for your patience, this is my first build and I am just disappointed in the documentation. I can build/repair/network computers but this thing has me stumped!!
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Update... It would appear the instructions are incorrect.

I found one thread that suggested binding a receiver with satellite to the transmitter. Then disconnecting the satellite from the receiver and connecting it to the zyx controller.

Can anyone confirm this?
Old 07-24-2012, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun71 View Post
Update... It would appear the instructions are incorrect.

I found one thread that suggested binding a receiver with satellite to the transmitter. Then disconnecting the satellite from the receiver and connecting it to the zyx controller.

Can anyone confirm this?
Yes.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Go to the FBL thread here on HF or at RCGroups there is a large amount of info on the ZYX-S in the mini helicopter section.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 05:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Go to the FBL thread here on HF or at RCGroups there is a large amount of info on the ZYX-S in the mini helicopter section.
Dude I have gone over, under, and around those forums lots. I think when I am done this I will post a how to.....
Old 07-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The instructions are actually straight forward !! When using anything over a DX 7 you need to bind with the receiver !!I would like to now will it work with the DX6i if I just bound by sattelite or would I have to bind with the reciever and sat. hooked up first !!
im2tall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm new here (very....first post) and am also having issue with DX6i Blade 400 with four blade head and Copertx xyz gyro (so it's not just you!)

I have used the program box rather than usb and "thought" I had sorted mine....until I spooled up (wants to go back and to the right)

Am now waiting for the usb and will try again......

I've checked the head and when in my hands and checking roll and pitch the swash moves to level as it should do........but as soon as she's up to speed, nothing but back and right

I'm going to start from scratch when the usb comes and see what happens
ralphp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Answering your questions by links:

After installation on heli with servos hooked up, you can power it via the ESC or with an external 4 cell NiMh RX battery, USB does not power it.

Download better software here http://fbl.net.nz/

Rest of resources and how to all here

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=414428

And here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1512179

And here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1568592

Read and you will find the answers all in there, it is just a bit to much to ask for us to go search and link to all your answers. A bit of effort and you will understand it better and end up with a better flying heli.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Answering your questions by links:

Read and you will find the answers all in there, it is just a bit to much to ask for us to go search and link to all your answers. A bit of effort and you will understand it better and end up with a better flying heli.
Thanks. I have read all those through mostly much to the chagrin of my family and detriment of sleep.

The last link is one I did not find so thanks for that.

Just to clarify, I did a lot of research and for a person newer to the RC heli field some of what experienced people take for granted is difficult to first figure out.

I can assure you that I appreciate all the help that has been given to me since I joined. In turn I will try to pass on as much knowledge as possible.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Showgun,
quite understand where you are coming from, and have been doing the same as you.....reading, googling, reading more, forums.....and some times it's difficult to put down the question you want to express.

There are always two names for everything, or a differant way to explain it. I've also used youtube to find some answers....and all of these together help (well they did me anyway!)

I've flown planks for over well lets say "25+" and am a forum moderator in the UK, helping teach the new and old alike.........and learn myself in the process

This is a far bigger forum with far more threads, and differant sub threads........I've been looking about and pulling together the info I want and it's NOT easy!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by im2tall View Post
The instructions are actually straight forward !! When using anything over a DX 7 you need to bind with the receiver !!I would like to now will it work with the DX6i if I just bound by sattelite or would I have to bind with the reciever and sat. hooked up first !!
I did actually find it a bit hard to track down the proper binding system using a DX6i.. this worked for me, and it might help a few more of ya'll too..

Step 1: Get a OrangeRx 7ch receiver and a Satellite. Hook only the sat and a power source whether it be a ESC and a lipo or simply a RX pack. Put the bind plug into the according spot on the RX (it's says on top of the RX what spot to use). Power on the Rx with the Sat in bind mode. now hold the trainer switch on the DX6i and power on the Tx. After a few seconds you Rx and sat will be bound!.

Step 2: hook up the ZYX as instructed in the Tarot software (note: for this 1st step I use the Tarot software, but after I use John nc). Turn on you Tx (always turn your Tx on befor you plug in you ESC on the Heli). Now power up you heli.. you should see the ZYX with a yellow blinking light.. If so gently press the program button on the side till the ZYX light turns a sold blue. (I keep getting a solid red not blue, make sure you Tx in not in rate mode.)

Step 3: Once you have a blue light, start the Tarot software, and connect. (should be com port 1-4) Cool now lets hit the ALL DATA RESET button on the front page of the software. Good, now let keep moving to the setup tab. move past the Tx tab, and to the Rx tab.. this is the important one! At the top you can select DSM2-1 (must use this with a Orange Sat.). Note the way everything is connected and check make sure you are correct. Hit the finish button. Disconect the ZYX, and power down. Turn Tx off then back on, hit throttle hold, to make sure nothing bad happends. and power on the heli. If the lights are all blinking, then go to one solid blue.. you are bound and ready to start setup.. Although I would use john's software from here out. And I'd update to 3.5 too.

IF you have any more questions let me know I'll be glad to help I just did this today for like 4 hours so it's still freash in my head
cannonball is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

here is a very good video about setting you a ZYX
cannonball is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cannonball, this is very well written, thank you!

I'm also pulling my hair out trying to get rid of the full receiver. In your step 1. do I need to use only the 7 OrangeRx 7ch receiver? I only have the Orange 6ch.

The rest of my gear is: ZYX-S, Orange Satellite, and, Spectrum DSM2 sat. (not DSM-X) As well as a DX6i.

I've tried both satellites bound with the Orange 6ch first, and both only give the yellow blinking light on the ZYX-S, then I press the program button, get a solid red or blue light, can connect with the software, but always wrong movement in the "monitor" screen of the Tarot 3.0 software

thanks for helping!

P.S.
this thread is close, but didnt work for me (and wasn't as well written as yours)
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=442814&page=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball View Post
I did actually find it a bit hard to track down the proper binding system using a DX6i.. this worked for me, and it might help a few more of ya'll too..

Step 1: Get a OrangeRx 7ch receiver and a Satellite. Hook only the sat and a power source whether it be a ESC and a lipo or simply a RX pack. Put the bind plug into the according spot on the RX (it's says on top of the RX what spot to use). Power on the Rx with the Sat in bind mode. now hold the trainer switch on the DX6i and power on the Tx. After a few seconds you Rx and sat will be bound!.

Step 2: hook up the ZYX as instructed in the Tarot software (note: for this 1st step I use the Tarot software, but after I use John nc). Turn on you Tx (always turn your Tx on befor you plug in you ESC on the Heli). Now power up you heli.. you should see the ZYX with a yellow blinking light.. If so gently press the program button on the side till the ZYX light turns a sold blue. (I keep getting a solid red not blue, make sure you Tx in not in rate mode.)

Step 3: Once you have a blue light, start the Tarot software, and connect. (should be com port 1-4) Cool now lets hit the ALL DATA RESET button on the front page of the software. Good, now let keep moving to the setup tab. move past the Tx tab, and to the Rx tab.. this is the important one! At the top you can select DSM2-1 (must use this with a Orange Sat.). Note the way everything is connected and check make sure you are correct. Hit the finish button. Disconect the ZYX, and power down. Turn Tx off then back on, hit throttle hold, to make sure nothing bad happends. and power on the heli. If the lights are all blinking, then go to one solid blue.. you are bound and ready to start setup.. Although I would use john's software from here out. And I'd update to 3.5 too.

IF you have any more questions let me know I'll be glad to help I just did this today for like 4 hours so it's still freash in my head
Old 06-29-2021, 10:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Right…..now have a new TGZ380N and the AR6210 with satellite……I’ve seen so many videos and heard about “ miss labels on TGZ “ I’d like some help, stage by stage, step by step of what goes where and how to do ( as I’m confused as hell now!) and NEVER had so many issues!
I have a GOOD bind, however I’m back to “flashing b light and status solid red”

If I can’t get this sorted I think I’ll go back to pond yachts……two servo’s, receiver and battery!
Old 06-29-2021, 11:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Photo of what I have and the other is to show “ good bind “Click image for larger version

Name:	7187FC0D-35B3-419F-9C38-34EEA6590192_1624982646306.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	908.7 KB
ID:	922867Click image for larger version

Name:	7187FC0D-35B3-419F-9C38-34EEA6590192_1624982646306.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	908.7 KB
ID:	922867
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C35B4FB6-4402-4C2A-B333-85C67901B80E_1624982633371.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	935.2 KB
ID:	922865  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in