Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > OXY HELI > Oxy 7

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Smoggie
  • 1 Post By Smoggie
  • 1 Post By fiddle
  • 1 Post By Smoggie
  • 1 Post By fiddle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2021, 09:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Theory where the 'Flash' name came from

So flash seems to be completely out of the blue for Oxy, it doesnt fit in with any of their previous model names.. i have a theory.

As is well known Lynx were working with MTTEC to release an updated version of the old Compass Chronos, which was going to be called the Chonos RSR. Lynx were just acting as the machine shop in this relationship but even so mucst have invested a lot of effort into the project. The heli was going to be sold as the MTTEC/Rage RC 'Chronos RSR'. It was due to be released start of last year but then MTTEC announced an indefinite delay and have made no updates since. rumour i've heard is that MTTEC have given up on the project.

So my theory is that Luca has come to a deal with MTTEC to take over the Chronos RSR project and sell it under the Oxy brand. I've speculated on this before but it got little traction.

Anyway.. what's this got to do with the new heli being called 'Flash' you ask? Well both Chronos and Flash are characters of DC Comics It would make perfect sense then for the two new Oxy 700 helis to be called Flash and Chronos.

All circumstantial evidence but taken as a whole pretty convincing i think. I'm pretty sure that the second 700 that Luca mentioned in his recent interview is the Chronos RSR, probably with a few of Luca's own design tweaks.
OICU812 and flangehead like this.
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2021, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

A while back when I asked, "Wasn't Luca helping MTTEC when Compass folded?" What did you think I was talking about? Of course, you didn't seem to think Oxy would come out with a 700 any time soon, let alone two.

The Flash may get its name idea from where you say, who knows? As far as the 2nd 700 and your theory, that was the exact thing I was implying. Glad you finally caught up Not sure about calling one of the them a Chronos though. Seems kind of silly when the name has been used before.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2021, 03:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
A while back when I asked, "Wasn't Luca helping MTTEC when Compass folded?" What did you think I was talking about? Of course, you didn't seem to think Oxy would come out with a 700 any time soon, let alone two.

The Flash may get its name idea from where you say, who knows? As far as the 2nd 700 and your theory, that was the exact thing I was implying. Glad you finally caught up Not sure about calling one of the them a Chronos though. Seems kind of silly when the name has been used before.
Actually I think I'll be proved 100% right on the timing. What I said (in reply to someone wanting to buy an Oxy 700) was: I didn't think we would see any Oxy 700 available to buy this year, I still dont think we will. The heli at IRCHA was a development prototype, so I still think it will be well into 2022 before we see a 'Flash' in the dealers to buy. Only time will tell who was right on this but with only about 4 months of 2021 to go and Vietnam currently locked down I think the odds are very strongly in my favour.

And no, Luca was not helping MTTEC when Compass folded. Luca only came into the picture after Compass 'out of the blue' closed shop and MTTEC then went looking for a new machine shop to bring back the Chronos under MTTEC's own 'RAGE RC' brand. At the time Luca actually released a video specifically explaining that the new Chronos WOULD NOT be an Lynx/Oxy brand heli, but I think that might have changed.

I'm not trying to start an argument here, just a bit of harmless speculation on why the Flash was called the flash and what 'the other' 700 heli will be. If you dont agree that's fine, share your own theories if you like.
flangehead likes this.

Last edited by Smoggie; 08-19-2021 at 03:20 AM..
Smoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2021, 06:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

naw....

Smoggie likes this.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2021, 06:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggie View Post
And no, Luca was not helping MTTEC when Compass folded. Luca only came into the picture after Compass 'out of the blue' closed shop and MTTEC then went looking for a new machine shop to bring back the Chronos under MTTEC's own 'RAGE RC' brand. At the time Luca actually released a video specifically explaining that the new Chronos WOULD NOT be an Lynx/Oxy brand heli, but I think that might have changed.
Like I said, glad you're catching up. Whether Oxy is able to put out a 700 before the end of the year is speculative, but that they will be putting out not only one, but two in the future, is not. I think the majority of us already knew that Luca's association with the RSR and the fact that it sort of died, likely left him in a position of some type where a 700 could be easily realized if you try and fill a couple of holes of information on your own. If the light just now came on for you, cool. The fact that there will be two put most people, including me, in a surprise state.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2021, 07:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
naw....
Another good theory, which could mean that the 'other' 700 will be called 'Ming the merciless'

My money is still on 'Chronos' though
Old 08-19-2021, 08:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggie View Post
Another good theory, which could mean that the 'other' 700 will be called 'Ming the merciless'

My money is still on 'Chronos' though
oh i really hope so!!!!
XL Power Specter 700
Old 08-21-2021, 02:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

any idea when it will be released?
Taron123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2021, 03:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Who knows with the recent COVID restrictions there? Would be nice if by the end of the year, but doesn't seem likely.

Old 08-22-2021, 12:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
Who knows with the recent COVID restrictions there? Would be nice if by the end of the year, but doesn't seem likely.

End of year? Ya if not by then that is brutal and crappy. But... is what it is
Old 08-22-2021, 04:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
End of year? Ya if not by then that is brutal and crappy. But... is what it is
Recall the Oxy 5 prototype that was flown at IRCHA in June 2018: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...ghlight=scaled

It was June the following year before the Oxy5 was available to buy, and that was without the difficulties of Covid19 to deal with. These things take time.
flangehead likes this.
Old 08-22-2021, 09:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

That was a completely different frame up design though. The new 700 will have many things gleaned from the Oxy 5 and will even share a few pieces. In other words, not sure it will take the same amount of time given where they started.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
Old 08-22-2021, 12:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

according to whoever was on the mic at IRCHA, they had planned to have pre-orders going for the heli at IRCHA but then the vietnam lockdown happened and they had to cancel those plans ... It must not be THAT far away.
jrman83 likes this.
XL Power Specter 700

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in