Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics

JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics JR and Spektrum Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2021, 05:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Please keep the Nano cps on the line-up

I have been at odds with you over the years. I have been trying to keep a micro-heli in the air for decades now. Thousands I've spent. When I see one of your better boards go out the window, I won't have it. The nano cps board and frame are excellent pieces of the nano line- up. The fbl board is crisp in action and doesn't have a mushy spot in the middle. It has safe which is good for those moments when you are not at your best. What I like best about the board, it's simple and doesn't have the bind problems that s2 and cpx have. Last but not least it doesn't have the numerous modes and difficult programming of the later models. It's a no nonsense board. I hope you consider my point of view.

Orangebee
orangebee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2021, 12:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The NanoCpx board did have bind problems??

Had used two boards but they always bound with the Dx8G1 (silver) TX just fine.

The main issue was more with the LVC (cut off in flight, not so good flight times,... immediately broken when it fell over sideways on a small trial path on spool up...) and the crappy NanoCpx brushed main motor.

Should probably have used 220mah 45C lipos - like on the Inductrix - but only used standard 160mah when I got started (more like 25c lipos).
I heard most later Safe boards are more troublesome?!? ...some out of the box also occasionally affecting agility/3D mode?

Thanks god I gave it away and sold all parts and replaced it two years ago with a Xk K110.
So much more fun and I don't even have flashed the BlHeli firmware onto the external Esc, not yet (solder pads are too small).
But I don't fly it indoors...

Main motor has much more power, finally I can feel differences in three throttle curves, no LVC issues,...

The XK plastic also is IMHO much better in general including frame, canopy pins or landing legs.

No need for headaches and having to trouble through Blade electronic issues or fast broken plastic parts.

..(...)..

But I am thankful really that HH Germany replaced one Nano board for free with a dealer Rma when the Nanocpx gyro went bad.
Saved me one gym season back in 2012/13.

Those were the better days I guess...

Now you need to be extra cautious if you want to maiden a Bnf heli or directly send it back out of the box.

Thankfully we have a HH dealer so I can do a lot of extra checks BEFORE I put any money onto the desk.

May not save you if the board or motor goes bad 8-20 flights later.

So much has changed since 2015...(investor changes late 2013).

......cost me two 200qx models...one (Esc) is still broken.
Grilled Mosfets and Smd resistor.
Grounded forever. So much money wasted.

With XK I thankfully can buy more affordable electronic spares and still be in business for a long time.

------------------------

Lesson learned:

Don't buy any proprietary electronics which can't be replaced easily individually without burning holes into the pocket.

The 200qx missed a flight mode to get it back more easily instead of flying away when you lost sight and pressed the wrong nick buttons.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in