Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2021, 08:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Eachine E180 / Yu Xiang F180 Direct Drive Helicopter

https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-E18...2&rmmds=search

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...3ff4ecdaaf4c-3

This is a direct drive helicopter that competes directly with the OMP Hobby M2. Eachine is thought to be owned by Banggood and sells it exclusively overseas. Wheras Yu Xiang sells in China as well as overseas.

There are very little differences in the pricing of the helicopters and parts between the E180 and OMP M2. The E180 is obviously based on the M2 but with a few key differences. The head uses conventional follower arms instead of a DFC head that the M2 uses. The servo layout is similar to that of the T-Rex 150X rather than the M2. The head is all metal whereas the servos have plastic cases. The battery is mounted in the same way as the M2. For more information, visit this thread on RC Groups.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ct-Drive-Motor

I have had 86 flights and 5 dumb thumb crashes so far, I fly mod to hard 3D. Despite this, I have spent less than $20 in replacement parts so far. Like several people in the RCG thread, I actually prefer its flight characteristics to the M2. It flies less aggressively even on 90% throttle, and is smoother, more predictable and easier to fly. This is the view of several other people in the RCG thread as well. However, there are none on that thread who can fly extreme or smack 3D. Like the OMP Hobby M2, it has got TALY although this is not advertised. This is not surprising given the flight controller of both helicopters are likely to be designed and made by the same source i.e. WL Toys.

Now as far as quality is concerned, it is rather patchy and a number of problems have been noted. Firstly, the plastic servo cases break easily which means you may have to replace the whole servo. However, you can use 3rd party replacement servos such as the metal case BS-8-1. The skids and main shaft have been reported to break easily, although I am still using the original main shaft. I found that parts on the helicopter are quite brittle and may break with manual handling e.g. the canopy post and battery release lever.

So would I recommend that you buy one. If you haven't got an M2 yet, I would still recommend that you look at the M2 first. This is mainly because it has got a much wider distribution network and much larger base of users. However, if you already own an M2 and find it too aggressive and hard to fly, then the E180 could be the helicopter for you.

Last edited by zadaw; 07-12-2021 at 09:15 AM..
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2021, 12:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Showing my ignorance here - what is TALY?

I'm trying to decide between the E160 and E180. I'm nowhere near 3D flying but enjoy some good scale flying.

Sent from my P20HD_EEA using Tapatalk
zaphod69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2021, 06:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

TALY // Torque Assisted Left Yaw - Full Explanation & Flight Demo (12 min 53 sec)
Old 07-24-2021, 03:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you kind sir!

Old 07-24-2021, 02:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod69 View Post
Showing my ignorance here - what is TALY?

I'm trying to decide between the E160 and E180. I'm nowhere near 3D flying but enjoy some good scale flying.

I would forget about the E160, the E180 is far more reliable.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks dude. Yeah I jumped on Banggood and on the E160 it mentioned tail wag and cleaning or replacing the bearings. Not a great way to promote the heli.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2021, 09:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
I would forget about the E160, the E180 is far more reliable.
What makes the E180 more reliable? How is it better than the E160? Also, how could I bind the E180 to my Spektrum dx6e radio?
Springwood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2021, 02:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a lot of problems with the electronics of my JJRC M03 (E160 clone). The FC and ESC kept on being burnt and I sold the heli after just 16 flights. My F180 has been much more reliable and I only spent around $20 in replacement parts for the first 200 flights. The tail of the E160 does not hold that well and it has barely sufficient power for 3D moves such as Tik-Tocs. The easiest way to bind to a Spektrum transmitter is the use a DSMX satellite with a bind button.

https://www.banggood.com/2_4G-Satell...N&rmmds=search
Old 08-25-2021, 01:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

By the way, there is a smaller version coming in the form of the Eachine E150

2507 brushless direct drive motor
1103 brushless tail motor
4.3g metal digital servos
Rotor diameter: 350mm
Body length: 300mm
Helicopter weight: 145g

This is around the size of the Blade 150S and will be significantly bigger than the OMP M1. It will be below 250g with batteries and that will be a strong selling point.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in