Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dogbreath

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2021, 01:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Jeti with Spirit and Hobbywing 60amp Platinum

So installed everything in the heli and all looked to work fine but I can’t seem to get the esc to callebrate the throttle of my Diablo. No matter what I do I just get constant beeps form the esc.

I have an R5L with the ext as an Sbus. It’s connected to the RUD and also AIL of the Spirit. The ESC is in Aux. I see the power moving servos etc but I can initialize the ESC with the throttle up. It’s been at me all day! Any help is appreciated; I looked through the forums and powered the Flybarless first, removed the middle red pin etc and it still persists.
Dark Poacher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2021, 02:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Poacher View Post
So installed everything in the heli and all looked to work fine but I can’t seem to get the esc to callebrate the throttle of my Diablo. No matter what I do I just get constant beeps form the esc.

I have an R5L with the ext as an Sbus. It’s connected to the RUD and also AIL of the Spirit. The ESC is in Aux. I see the power moving servos etc but I can initialize the ESC with the throttle up. It’s been at me all day! Any help is appreciated; I looked through the forums and powered the Flybarless first, removed the middle red pin etc and it still persists.
Have you set throttle in channel one in spirit channels page? Not sure if it makes any difference but did you mean Sbus or exbus?
Old 07-15-2021, 09:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why are using SBUS as protocol? With Jeti, Spirit communicates two way with exbus so you'll see telemetry. You'll also be able to program the Spirit from the transmitter.

Dan
KiwiBlair likes this.
Old 07-15-2021, 09:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

You were correct, I missed that throttle wasn’t assigned! Spools up fine now!
Old 07-15-2021, 09:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry Dan I meant ExBus, would you happen to know what telemetry is available with the regular Spirit and HW60. I took the signal wire out form the RX and put it in the AIL/ElV/PIT port on the Spirit. I can config via radio/Spirit menu seen in radio
Old 07-16-2021, 07:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unfortunately, the HW60 does not provide capacity, which is great for knowing when to land. Someone who currently uses one will have to tell you what parameters the ESC does provide, since I haven't used one for quite a while. But you'll get the full complement of telemetry from the spirit, such as vibes, RPM, etc. Dan
Old 07-16-2021, 09:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Poacher View Post
Sorry Dan I meant ExBus, would you happen to know what telemetry is available with the regular Spirit and HW60. I took the signal wire out form the RX and put it in the AIL/ElV/PIT port on the Spirit. I can config via radio/Spirit menu seen in radio
Try here. Scroll down.
HobbyWing Telemetry - Spirit System Manual

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in