Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2021, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sim Question

Ok been 8 years for me tail in hover t-rex 600 nitro sold everything. I will retire soon and wanted to get back into it. My question is Sims I would like to do the lesson plan on this site but not sure what sim to use, Heli-x or accu-rc. I guess these are the better ones these days, plan on using my own radio which brings another question looking at a radiomaster tx16 any thoughts. thanks
myoz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2021, 09:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoz View Post
Ok been 8 years for me tail in hover t-rex 600 nitro sold everything. I will retire soon and wanted to get back into it. My question is Sims I would like to do the lesson plan on this site but not sure what sim to use, Heli-x or accu-rc. I guess these are the better ones these days, plan on using my own radio which brings another question looking at a radiomaster tx16 any thoughts. thanks
Heli-X has a free demo mode, you just need a cheap $5-10 "FMS" dongle. While some say it doesn't have the best physics, I really like all the training modes. It also works great on crusty old hardware, even 10 year old computers and even crappy laptops.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2021, 10:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Real flight is better for planes. Helis aren't updated.

AccuRC is great, possibly best physics. Steam is very convenient. Takes the most computer. Won't run best graphics on my three year old laptop.

HeliX looks great on low end machines. Aggie ring. Maybe not the best physics but simple and easy.

NeXt is my favorite ATM. Great physics, lots of adjustments. Like how you can adjust camera lag for more realism. Runs on best setting on my machine.

They all will make you better if you use them.
RustyChain is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2021, 12:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

To be fair I think the bad physics impression of Heli-X was before the latest version. They are vastly improved. I would give it a try, it's free after all in demo mode. I did a lot of training early on just with the demo since it give you full functionality (with limited model selection) for about a pack's worth and then kicks you back to the main screen.

Now neXt also has a demo mode but it's a bit more annoying as you have to restart the program itself. It kills the controller input after a certain time. I think neXt has by far the best visual quality on the lowest hardware of all of them.

AccuRC also has a demo version. Never used it, don't really know its limitations. This is what I have been using for a long time after using Heli-X and neXt for some periods of time. After I upgraded my PC I have an annoying graphics glitch that went away and then returned so I have been using Heli-X and I really like it.

I am approaching my winter no-fly season and will hit the sim hard. I am in between a VR sim setup and start saving up for a 700.
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2021, 04:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would suggest download the trial versions and try for yourself. I use both just for variety as much as anything.
Futaba 16SZ/Jeti DS12
Stevecg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in