Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > OXY HELI > Oxy 7

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fiddle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2021, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wishlist to Oxy Flash Beta Testers

Since the Oxy Flash is a smaller, lighter weight 690-700 heli, maybe the beta testers can configure a lightweight build with a 4035 500-560KV class motor or a motor of similar or slightly larger size. Also maybe they can post the AUW of the Flash with this setup.

So far all the pics and videos I have seen of the Flash are with 4525 or 4530 motors and it makes me wonder if maybe the lightweight characteristics of the Flash are being overlooked as a result.
Compass Chronos | 7HVU | 550U | Atom 500 | Oxy 5 HF 560 | 5 HF 625 | Gaui X3 #1 | X3 #2
cyclo is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2021, 12:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

From all I have seen I plan on running a 4525-520 Scorp Ultimate at most in size. It hauls a RAW which I am guessing is 1lb heavier then the flash just fine, so should be more then enough. I have only seen Luca comment on FB a few times it is (UNDER) 5KG and that was even with 5000mah and a 4530 series motor and 200A esc.

So ya sure be nice to know some actual weights that are true, some idea of final revisions and of course a release date. Seems like they rushed it last second to show the (beta) at Ircha so this may be a Nov-Dec order type heli, I was hoping be something available before end October as flying season is so damn short up here in the north.

Oh well...
Old 08-10-2021, 08:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So ya sure be nice to know some actual weights that are true, some idea of final revisions and of course a release date. Seems like they rushed it last second to show the (beta) at Ircha so this may be a Nov-Dec order type heli, I was hoping be something available before end October as flying season is so damn short up here in the north.

Oh well...
At IRCHA, they said that it was planned for pre-orders to be going on during IRCHA but due to the situation in Vietnam with COVID the plans have been pushed back. Didn't give a revised timeline. Not sure they know what it would be yet due to the uncertainty of the COVID?
OICU812 likes this.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2021, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
From all I have seen I plan on running a 4525-520 Scorp Ultimate at most in size. It hauls a RAW which I am guessing is 1lb heavier then the flash just fine, so should be more then enough. I have only seen Luca comment on FB a few times it is (UNDER) 5KG and that was even with 5000mah and a 4530 series motor and 200A esc.

Oh well...

If I do decide to get one instead of the bigger Oxy model, I might just move over the electronics from my 7HVU... Scorpion 4525 520KV, HW130A V4, MKS servos. My 7HVU is 12.3 lbs and if the Flash with the same electronics end up weighing around 11 lbs I will be happy. I do wonder if a smaller/lighter motor might be more optimal... Hopefully the team pilots will be able to demo these options.

Timo did post videos of the Flash performing well at lower head speeds.
Compass Chronos | 7HVU | 550U | Atom 500 | Oxy 5 HF 560 | 5 HF 625 | Gaui X3 #1 | X3 #2
cyclo is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2021, 04:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclo View Post
If I do decide to get one instead of the bigger Oxy model, I might just move over the electronics from my 7HVU... Scorpion 4525 520KV, HW130A V4, MKS servos. My 7HVU is 12.3 lbs and if the Flash with the same electronics end up weighing around 11 lbs I will be happy. I do wonder if a smaller/lighter motor might be more optimal... Hopefully the team pilots will be able to demo these options.

Timo did post videos of the Flash performing well at lower head speeds.

Id say those bits would work just fine, this would be the closest heli to my old logo 690SX I had, it was neat to fly being so light, I think even lighter then flash but limited as well to 695mm max on mains. Issue with the Logo 690SX was getting the COG right, which by the flash frame design would not be an issue with even heavier packs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in