Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 09:15 AM   #281 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I will have to remember that! Thanks!

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2011, 02:25 PM   #282 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello again,

It's been a while
I'm in the process of setting my MultiGov Pro and I have a question about setting the rich and lean. Uploading a vid to show how I've set it but it doesn't seem right cause when I warm the engine up the servo arm turns CW when I think it should turn CCW to richen the engine or am I missing something here? setting up is in the first vid and testing is in the second.....please help! I can't set it up in another way!

Setting up auto mixture in the MultiGov Pro
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpIgiVp2l-s[/ame]

Testing the auto mixture control
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp7l5kbPLzk[/ame]
mgorgis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2011, 07:26 AM   #283 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Don't worry which way the servo goes. What matters is which way the needle goes. Hook up the linkage so test lean make the needle turn in or clockwise. If what your setting up now goes the wrong way then flip the servo or servo arm and hook the linkage up so test lean moves the needle in. Yes you may not get a perfect straight shot of the linkage from the servo arm to the arm on the needle but it doesn't have to be for this function.

Bob
Old 05-22-2011, 08:19 AM   #284 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not sure if I totally understad needle is turning same as servo, clockwise, was out today to test servo (without connecting to the needle) and when I start engine, servo arm is centered and as the engine gets warm, arm turns clockwise and so does the needle which means making it leaner (not richer) and that I think is the opposite to what it should do. I don't dare to connect the servo to needle in case my setup is wrong and the hotter the engine gets it will make it leaner and that is not good!
I'll try to upload a vid of todays flight.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:53 AM   #285 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

That is reversed yes. But you cant reverse the servo. So flip the arm on the servo to PUSH the arm on the carb instead of pull.

Bob
Old 05-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #286 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are the two vids I shot today. You can see on the first vid @ 6:35 how the servo arm is positioned. That is lean right? so after almost 6 min of flying the arm should be on the left side right? I'm getting almost 8 minutes with 20% nitro.
Nothing exciting in the vids, just having some fun, really windy day but the heli is still cool

Sorry for the bad quality! must buy better cam :-)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5PussGTzGg[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOXU_p3JiRk[/ame]
Old 05-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #287 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

OK so forget what the servo arm is doing. It's the direction the servo is moving the needle. As temps go up, the needle should be going richer (counter clockwise on the needle). As temps go down it should get leaner (clockwise on the needle). Where the needle is after flying is based on the temps.

Your video looks good on smoke and sound so you may have it correct BUT! If it is all the way lean (looked like it when you landed) it still could be because your too rich to begin with (at center point) and if it is backwards you wont know it because at full lean it's still tuned OK. What you do is disable the mix control and tune the engine (your vid sounding good when you landed so that might actually be the "tuned point"). Once done, this should be your CENTER position now on the servo. Now the MGP can adjust even leaner or richer depending on conditions each day, how you fly, etc.

Once you have this watch what it does. If you hear it go too lean now, you may have it backwards. What you should see is the MGP starts at center until the temps come up to "about" running condition and at that point the servo should make it go leaner to start (temp is a little low as engine is warming up). Then temps will go up and it should start to go richer as the MGP starts to adjust over time. When you land after flying the arm should be darn close to center. If it is over one way or the other, then you were not really tuned to begin with when you set center and the position of the arm on the needle.

Bob
Old 05-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #288 (permalink)
Registered Users

´That makes sence Bob. After I seen the servo arm position and based on what your're saying then the servo is "reversed" or in other words it should turn the other way. I have 1 and 1/4 turns on the needle, sounds good as I'm getting almost 8 minutes of flight time. I'll try to tune it little more maybe before connecting the auto mix control.

As I have only six channel Tx/Rx then I've set the MGP to 1800 rpm. Is it enough for "light" inverted and some tic-tocs?
Old 05-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #289 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

1800 is low for 3D. Trex 600 with OS 50 I run about 2000 idle 1 and 2100 idle 2. 1900 in normal mode.

Bob
Old 05-22-2011, 02:06 PM   #290 (permalink)
Registered Users

O I see

Best to buy a DX7 or 8 maybe. Anyways I watched your MGP mixture vid and noticed that I had missed setting the lean, I had just set the rich position so I'm gonna do it now and see if the servo moves right after all....thanks for great videos :-)
Old 07-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #291 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just enabled the multigov on my knight 3D after several tune-up flights without it. It's so smooth, easy to set up, and saves tons of fuel. . OS-50, spektrum backplate sensor...

I only wish it had a full datalogger... i would love to download the rpm, throttle position, engine temp, etc after the flight and see how well the engine was running! It has all the data, it just needs a $1 eeprom to save it on.

Loving the gov though. Woop!
Old 07-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #292 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there a way to deal with over speeding for example when I make a climb up and then go zero pitch then I hear the motor over speeding until I give more pitch.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #293 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
1800 is low for 3D. Trex 600 with OS 50 I run about 2000 idle 1 and 2100 idle 2. 1900 in normal mode.

Bob
Hi,

At what head speed would you run a Synergy N5 with a YS 56SR?

I've set mine to 2100 RPM. Does that sound about right?

Cheers
500 ESP - BeastX
wimbledon99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #294 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Not sure what the gear ratio is on the N5 and gear ratio will play a part in head speed. I would guess 2100 is OK for the N5 not knowing the gear ratio.

Bob
Old 07-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #295 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the reply.

For info, the gear ratio is 8.5 on the main.

Cheers
500 ESP - BeastX
Old 07-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #296 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

At 8.5 you should be fine running at 2100 head speed.

Bob
Old 07-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #297 (permalink)
Registered Users

500 ESP - BeastX
Old 12-08-2011, 10:20 AM   #298 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi .. Is there a slow start on the multigov.. U have 3 rpm's set on the flight mode. The dilemna i am having is, when I land i usually hit throttle hold but I am coming off of Idle1 or idle2. Now sometimes i forget to go back to normal mode, so when i let off throttle hold the thing just jumps and does not want to ramp up slowly. The vbar governor has this functionality just wondering if the multigov could be programmed this way, which is to have a true slow sart when starting in idle1 mode. My throttle curve is set to 80,75,70,75,80. It seems to just want to jump to the curve position and then adjust based on governor rpm setting.

RIP Roman Pirozek Jr. 1/11/94 - 9/5/2013
johnjonfenomenon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #299 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi JJF,

There's no slow start on the Multigov but most decent Tx's have a 'Delay' function when switching out of 'Hold'. This will do the same thing for you.

Cheers
500 ESP - BeastX
Old 12-10-2011, 04:37 AM   #300 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default dx6i set up with MGP

can someone point me in the right direction to set up my dx6i and me MGP. when i enter set up mode it only shows head speed 3? i cant switch to normal mode to set that up

thanks tony
tdrake694 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in