Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #141 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranton123 View Post
Hi all bit of a newbe here just fitted my Multigove Pro to my raptor 30 v2 , but i do have a few questions what i would like to know is in my manual the gear ratio says 1:9.56:4.57 so i take it i set my Multigov to 9.56 (is the correct).
Yep.

Quote:
The other question is what RPM should i run my Raptor 30 at , should it run it stock setting in the Multigov ie: norm 1800rpm / stn 1 1950rpm /stn 2 2050 rpm
What engine are you running? If it's an OS 37, the power band according to the specs is at 18,000 engine RPM = 1883 head speed. You'll want to run a little above that so that when the head bogs, the engine will come down into its power band. The maximum "practical" engine RPM according to the specs is 21,000 = 2197 head speed.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2009, 04:05 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanx for the help Alan Ill give those setting a try and see how it goes
cranton123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2009, 11:10 AM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was reading over the Carbsmart forum on how to setup the mixture control and i came upon a post of Finless, speaking about the 'hover running position' and thought would be good to take it as a reference.I will summarise how i have it in my mind and please correct me if iam wrong.

First i set up the arm at 90 degrees at the point where i was flying before installing the mixture control, then i set my full lean and rich positions as far as my Tx allows. I then hover my heli at idle up(2050rpm) for about 30 seconds and check the position of the arm.I land and set that position at 90 degrees and then set my full lean and rich at 3 clicks in either way.Is this correct?

I have another question, how many clicks are equal to 1/4 turn? I dont want to remove the needle and put the spring back to check, so hope you guys help me out

Cheers
Old 07-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #144 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

The multigov mixture control works a little different than the carbsmart. For the carb smart it starts out at the full lean position as the temp probe is reading well below say 100C. As the motor heats up it starts richening the mixture. So setup is a little different on the MGP as it starts out in the middle and waits till it starts to see temps from the head and then adjusts. For the carb smart you have to watch out that your full lean position is not too lean to start with. With the MGP this is not as big a worry.

So with MGP you setup as you have said. Put the arms at 90 at your current normal tuned position. Set the ends so you can get at least 1/4 turn each way. Forget about number of clicks as this doesnt matter. Look at the screw driver slot on the needle valve and you can see a 1/4 each way. Now you could leave it like that as long as when you fly the arm isnt going to the end in one difection or the other. If it is then yes you need to recenter.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2009, 11:55 AM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, that's pretty straight forward.

Cheers Bob!
Old 07-08-2009, 04:51 AM   #146 (permalink)

My HF Map location

What is a good temperature to set the imxture control to on the MGP? For idle up and for hover... ?
daniel.messem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2009, 05:20 AM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think its personal preference for the temperatures. I have mine set so normal mode is 90c and then idle-ups are 100c. That way I can let the engine cool down a bit (and get some extra lube) when im finishing my flight by flipping back to normal mode.
Nige69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 10:16 AM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bit of a prob

Hi all again, went out today testing the MGP and when im in the hover the mixture goes to FULL rich with it set 125C , so what im saying is if i set it to 100c it will still want to got FULL rich but the servo is maxed out (RICH) at 125c and the heli seem rich to at 125c, Hope this makes sense and hope someone can help

Martin
Old 07-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Martin,

It seems that the valve is set to be too lean, making the engine to go way over 125C and the mixture control (servo)cant go any further to cool it down. You must readjust your center point, turn the valve 1/4 counter clockwise, set that point as your center and test it again.

Cheers

Edit: I think 125C its much for the engine.I set my OS 50 Hyper to run at 110C.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranton123 View Post
Hi all again, went out today testing the MGP and when im in the hover the mixture goes to FULL rich with it set 125C , so what im saying is if i set it to 100c it will still want to got FULL rich but the servo is maxed out (RICH) at 125c and the heli seem rich to at 125c, Hope this makes sense and hope someone can help

Martin
Yikes... I don't even run my 1/8 buggy motors that hot, I agree with Acidla... I think 110 would be a better temp to aim for.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:20 AM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanx for the replys , i have moved it a 1/4 turn counter clockwise and will test again . Once i got the servo centre at 125c ill change it to 110c and see where there servo goes then
Trex 600 Nitro pro Building at momen t
DX7
Old 07-10-2009, 02:27 AM   #152 (permalink)

My HF Map location

dude that is seriously hot! dont go blowing ure motor now!
daniel.messem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 08:17 AM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel.messem View Post
dude that is seriously hot! dont go blowing ure motor now!

Keep um Lean and Keep um Keen lol

DX7
Old 07-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MGP

I just watched all the vids and read through this entire post and have a question(s). I was fortunate enough to have someone that was able to program my mgp when I originally put it on. Here is how it was programmed. Normal 18003d, Idle up1 1950std, Idle up2 2050std and my normal throttle curve was linear 0%-100% but my idle up 1 and 2 were 100,81,59,81,100.

After watching and reading I change to N=1800std, 1=1950 3D, 2=2050 3D with a linear curve 0-100 in normal and a vcurve in idle up 1&2 of 100-80-100.

I have read where some are saying 80 should be the low point and others say 70. I think Bob said he lowered his to 70.

Should I be okay with the changes I made and what happens if I have a gov failure. Isn't 80 going to be high?
EO19 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2009, 06:10 AM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys

i was looking for this post since i used the mixture control !!, cool . Because i have a little problem with it...

I use it on a raptor 50+os, 1950 RPM and 100C target... When i only do a cool fly, the max temp value is near 90-95 C so, perfect
But when i only do tricks to rise the temperature, i get 130C .. It's quite too much because don't touch anything (i try a lot of different setup, the Main needle is setup to 1.25turn and the servo can add 1/4 lean and 1/4 reach.

I have try to increase the temperature gain but don't see variation (increasing or discreasing it ;()

i don't really know if the servo move in fly, i'll try to see with e-logguer but if you already had this problem, you're welcome
tyio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi im having the same prob as you i took my mixture control right of and set the engine as rich as i can just before it bogs down, then i read the hottest temp on the MGP and it said 130c , yes 130c as rich as i can go , anyway i put the mixture control back on set the MGP to 130 and the servo still wants to richen it at 130c wtf . And im only hovering it , If i set it any richer the heli will not take off so that make 2 off us
DX7
Old 07-29-2009, 06:21 AM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

How you can check which was the highest temp on the mgp?

Cheers
Old 07-29-2009, 07:03 AM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

before turning the rx on the heli off, plug in the display/programming unit, then press the +ve or -ve buttons on the right hand side. this will show you current temp and max temp.

I am getting an extra 2 minutes flight time from my trex600 with os hyper 50 (up to about 13-14mins from tank & header)
The max temp i got on the weekend was 103c. I have mine set to 100c for st1 and st2, and 90c for normal (cooling down). The more i fly with this, the more enjoyable it is.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:14 AM   #159 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, cool.
Will use this nice feature after my next flight.

The engine should be running when i plug the lcd?

Cheers
Old 07-30-2009, 10:16 AM   #160 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

No it doesn't need to be running. Just dont turn the unit off. It stores the low and high temps but if you power it off it's gone.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in