Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Throttle hold pitch curve set-up

I'm getting ready to try flying in IdleUp and I wanted to check blade pitch settings on the bench. I powered up, flipped to throttle-hold, then flipped flight mode to IdleUp. I wasn't getting any more negative pitch then in normal mode. I then saw my throttle hold pitch curve was set the same as my normal mode pitch curve (hence only a few degrees of negative pitch)

Is there any reason I shouldn't set my throttle hold pitch curve to be the same as my IdleUp pitch curve? This would allow me to check the full pitch range on the bench.

Marc
AtomicFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats what i did, and you don't even have to flip the idle up switch, as soon as you flip throttle hold, the swash will jump to full negative, then you have full range of movement to check your pitch at low, mid, high
blahblah9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFlyer View Post
I'm getting ready to try flying in IdleUp and I wanted to check blade pitch settings on the bench. I powered up, flipped to throttle-hold, then flipped flight mode to IdleUp. I wasn't getting any more negative pitch then in normal mode. I then saw my throttle hold pitch curve was set the same as my normal mode pitch curve (hence only a few degrees of negative pitch)

Is there any reason I shouldn't set my throttle hold pitch curve to be the same as my IdleUp pitch curve? This would allow me to check the full pitch range on the bench.

Marc
I have mine setup like that. I use the throttle hold when checking pitch on the bench. That way you don't have to unhook the wires to the motor to check pitch at full range. Your throttle and Idle up pitch curves should then be linear.

0-25-50-75-100

Just make sure that your throttle curve in Hold is 0-0-0-0-0. So there are no suprises.
BennyTRD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2008, 08:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes.. set your throttle hold P curve to 00-25-50-75-100 or whatever your idle up is at... But you SHOULD (after testing) put your TH HOLD pitch to something more reasonable for autos.. like 40-45-50-75-100
Old 09-30-2008, 08:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
Yes.. set your throttle hold P curve to 00-25-50-75-100 or whatever your idle up is at... But you SHOULD (after testing) put your TH HOLD pitch to something more reasonable for autos.. like 40-45-50-75-100
Good point
BennyTRD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post

you can't auto with it 00-25-50-75-100? i didn't know that, good thing i hadn't tried and auto yet
Old 09-30-2008, 10:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

umm thier is no diffrence if you have normal Pcurve for hold or stunt
because during an auto all you need is slight fwd flight and 0 pitch

so mid stick is 0 in both
sokal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2008, 10:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hey Sokal, I just watched your Pitch Guage video again. I watched it about a month ago, but your comment about making throttle up a linear pitch curve didn't sink in at the time. Anyway, thanks for the vid, and this time, I think I got it!

Marc
AtomicFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2008, 10:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats what i thought, since above mid stick its all the same anyways and if you give to much neg, u drop like a rock, which is okay if your way up i guess
Old 07-14-2009, 05:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

using negative pitch during an auto will help to keep your head speed up until you start getting close to the ground; then you start feeding positive collective to slow the landing, but trying to auto with a 450 sized heli will usually mean more trips to the hobby shop for parts, the blades on a 450 just cant keep there inertia up like larger electric and nitro helis can.
Punkin71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2019, 06:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

The issue I am having is that in my DX7, when I turn on throttle hold, the collective/pitch won't work. Really not sure how to figure this out.
thishleo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2019, 12:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thishleo View Post
The issue I am having is that in my DX7, when I turn on throttle hold, the collective/pitch won't work. Really not sure how to figure this out.
Can't you program a 4th pitch curve for the hold flight mode?

FM0/N
FM1/ST1
(FM2/ST2)
Hold

It is a good idea to unplug two of the motor cables from the ESC to the motor if you have to "play around" with 300/450er+ helis in your living room.

No matter if you have correctly setup the hold (motor with zero throttle curve), added an additional top motor throttle safety switch (-100%) or not.

If for ANY reason the motor starts spooling up (in StuntMode1/2 a' ka Idle-Up 1/2) I rather would not like to have my face or hands in the near of the main blades.

Better only play with double / triple safety at home / on the bench.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...Blade 200QX BL Quad...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D Mustang...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in